Orange light weddings are nicer with orange smoke
At a recent event I was challenged by a guest about the COVID-19 group restrictions and the upcoming traffic light system. No point going into details but let’s just say we had differing perspectives.
This person was extremely passionate in their point-of-view, but I calmly listened and heard them out – which confused them, as I think they were looking for some kind of scene, and they walked off in a huff… and I merrily carried on with my day.
Fortunately for me, I’m a member of Celebrants Aotearoa (which not all celebrants are, and don’t have to be), and because of this I know exactly what is allowed and not allowed at events.
So, let’s chat about the Orange elephant in the room. Celebrants Aotearoa takes its lead from the Government on all COVID-19 matters. Therefore, here’s what can be expected at any South Island wedding/event that I’m associated with from 3 December, 2021:
WITH My Vaccine Pass:
Orange leaves are more calming than orange lights
– If every single guest has a My Vaccine Pass, there is NO restriction to the number of people at your event! 🥳 (Children under the age of 12 years don’t need to provide a My Vaccine Pass.)
– You’ll be asked to show your My Vaccine Pass when you’re at the venue. (You may be asked for ID to ensure it is your My Vaccine Pass.)
– Scan the QR code or keep a record of where you go.
– At a gathering at your home, there can be up to 50 people.
– At gatherings held at other venues, there can be up to 50 people based on 1-metre physical distancing in a single defined space at the venue at any time.
– The 50 people can be a mix of people with and without My Vaccine Pass.
– This limit applies to both indoor and outdoor venues.
– The limit includes children. It does not include staff.
If you’re having trouble creating your My Vaccine Pass – let me know! I’ve talked my parents (and their friends!) through it, and if I can calmly help them, I can help you! hahaha
Any other questions – just sing out! That’s what I’m here for x
FOR OFFICIAL INFORMATION: