Elope away with us!
WHY CHOOSE AN ELOPEMENT?
Throw away the rule book of organising a big, traditional wedding by choosing to elope!
We LOVE elopements because we LOVE FUN!! The idea of whisking a couple away with their nearest and dearest fills our hearts with so much joy!
Here are some reasons people choose to elope: because it’s an utterly authentic, ‘just us’ experience; intimacy and intention; less family drama (someone had to say it – ha!); valuing experiences over stuff; far less stress and anxiety; less planning; and life is meant to be an adventure – so why not elope away for the love of fun! And each other!
All you need to do is:
- set a date
- pick a spot to elope away to
- organise a couple of witnesses (who also love fun)
- choose something to wear
- apply for your marriage licence
And we’ll take care of the rest!
- 10 adults onsite (anymore and it becomes a Boutique Wedding)
- personalised ceremony (Kineta will help you write your vows)
- elopement certificate with your witnesses signatures on it
- photos during ceremony
- up to 1 hour of photos onsite (this includes the ceremony)
- you’re welcome to use Andrea’s “Mr” “Mrs” “Just Eloped” signs
- an online gallery of your elopement images
Elope with us anywhere with a view, beautiful atmosphere, or somewhere that means something to you.
Here are some cool locations to consider, but inevitably the choice is yours:
- Pines Beach Forest
- Waimakariri River
- Ashley River
- Ashley Forest
- Waikuku River Mouth
- Matawai Park, Rangiora
- Darfield Forest
- Bottle Lake Forest
- Actually, any forest makes for awesome pics!
- Halswell Quarry
- Mona Vale
- Hagley Park
- Godley Heads
Some things to consider when choosing a location:
- is it private enough? Will the public walk through your ceremony?
- What’s the light like? If the area is too exposed to the elements (sunlight/sea) then you may not get the best photos
- Is it sheltered enough? If it’s too windy your guests won’t be able to hear the ceremony
MEET YOUR VENDORS
The fine print:
- the price does not include your official marriage licence/certificate
- there’s a four-week turnaround for receiving your online gallery of images
- mileage included if within 20km of celebrant’s office
- if you just want a celebrant, Kineta is still available to officiate elopements
- there is a $200 non-refundable deposit to book your elopement with us
- please do not bring seating (unless someone requires a seat), as you will need to book the space and it ultimately becomes an organised Boutique Wedding, rather than an elopement