Elope away with us
We are Christchurch and North Canterbury’s most popular elopement package choice. We are fun, original, affordable, and so easy to work with!
Elope away with your greatest love, embracing your freedom of choice: marrying where you want, when you want, and with the handful of guests you want!
Not only do you get me as your elopement celebrant, but I work with a range of talented elopement photographers, to ensure there’s always someone available for your beautifully relaxed, stress-free elopement.
The ever-so-clever Mel Fletcher from Mel’s Moments! She’s an absolute talent! Down to earth and captures incredible portraits in the most natural way. Her images speak for themselves x
Andrea Kewish Photography
Photographer Andrea Kewish and I have been working together on elopements and micro weddings throughout Christchurch and North Canterbury for five years. I call her my favourite little pocket rocket but she thinks it’s super inappropriate, and I’m still trying to figure out why… She’s got a cheeky little grin and quick wit to match! What’s not to LOVE!
Chaznel Steenkamp Photography
Chaznel is a member of North Canterbury Weddings and when she stepped in at the very last minute for one of my elopements – her work completely wowed me! I’m looking forward to working with her more, especially for our North Canterbury elopements!
Robin + Andie
Once you meet Robin + Andie you will quickly become comfortable and at home in their company. The loveliest souls and takers of ‘Wedding Photos With Good Vibes ™️.’ The duo can also act as your two legal witnesses! How brilliant is that!
WHY CHOOSE AN ELOPEMENT?
Throw away the rule book of organising a big, traditional wedding by choosing to elope!
We LOVE elopements because we LOVE FUN!! The idea of whisking a couple away with their nearest and dearest fills our hearts with so much joy!
Here are some reasons people choose to elope: because it’s an utterly authentic, ‘just us’ experience; intimacy and intention; less family drama (someone had to say it – ha!); valuing experiences over stuff; far less stress and anxiety; less planning; and life is meant to be an adventure – so why not elope away for the love of fun! And each other!
All you need to do is:
- set a date
- pick a spot to elope away to
- organise a couple of witnesses (who also love fun)
- choose something to wear
- apply for your marriage licence
And we’ll take care of the rest!
- maximum of 10 adult guests (anymore and it becomes a Micro Wedding)
- personalised ceremony (Kineta will help you write your vows)
- elopement certificate with your witnesses signatures on it
- photos during ceremony
- up to 1 hour of photos onsite (this includes the ceremony)
- a sneak-peek of images within 48-hours of your elopement
- full online gallery with free downloads of your elopement images
Elope with us anywhere with a view, beautiful atmosphere, or somewhere that means something to you.
Here are some cool locations to consider, but inevitably the choice is yours:
- Waipara Springs
- Pines Beach Forest
- Waimakariri River
- Ashley River
- Ashley Forest
- Waikuku River Mouth
- Matawai Park, Rangiora
- Darfield Forest
- Bottle Lake Forest
- Actually, any forest makes for awesome pics!
- Halswell Quarry
- Godley Heads
Some things to consider when choosing a location:
- is it private enough? Will the public walk through your ceremony?
- What’s the light like? If the area is too exposed to the elements (sunlight/sea) then you may not get the best photos
- Is it sheltered enough? If it’s too windy your guests won’t be able to hear the ceremony
MEET YOUR VENDORS!
*THE FINE PRINT:
- the price does not include your official marriage licence/certificate.
- this is our package price for one photographer. If you’re booking two photographers, the package price is $1250. (This specific fee includes the photographers’ mileage.)
- mileage included if within 10km of celebrant’s office in Kaiapoi. Over and above is charged at the current IRD rate.
- if you just want a celebrant, Kineta is still available to officiate elopements.
- a $200 non-refundable deposit to book your elopement with us.
- there’s a four-week turnaround for receiving your online gallery of images.
- please do not bring seating (unless someone requires a seat), as you will need to book the space and it ultimately becomes an organised Micro Wedding, rather than an elopement.
- some public spaces – such as gardens and parks, may require consent from the local council. It’s generally fine for elopements – as it’s certainly not a big ceremony and there’s just a handful of us onsite, but there are places you can not get married – such as the Rose Garden at Mona Vale and other spaces. It is your responsibility to check this page out.